FTEJ Juice Extractor Belt Filter Press
Simple, Efficient, Effective Juice Processing Advantage
The FTI Juice Extractor Belt Filter Press (FTEJ) is the most economical pressing system for small to large juice & cider processing applications. The FTEJ series extractors are available in three (3) models, producing up to ~500 gallons per hour. Common sense engineered for continuous operation, saving both time and capital equipment cost for your operation. The all stainless steel design of the equipment ensures quality for long service life and meets sanitary standards. The units come with a variable speed drive for varying conditions, giving you control of the juicing process. Each unit comes with enclosed wash manifolds for the upper and lower belts, allowing you to maximize your yields without interrupting the continuous process. The FTEJ series allows for easy mounting of the optional FTI Blade Mill which is used for size reduction.
How The FTEJ Works
- With the air pressure and belt speed set, the product to be juiced is deposited in the feedbox of the unit.
- The feedbox contains the product and has an adjustable gate to set the thickness of the product on the lower porous belt (usually 1 – 2”) allowing the free juice to drain.
- As the lower belt moves the product from the feedbox, the upper porous belt sandwiches the product as it enters the wedge zone.
- Immediately following the wedge zone, the sandwiched product moves through and around a series of decreasing diameter rolls (pressure zone).
- The decreasing diameter rolls increases the pressure applied to the product, releasing the juice from the product through the porous belts which collect in the stainless steel catch pan.
- The extracted solids are then automatically discharged and the belts return continuing the process.
- All FTI presses are equipped with enclosed wash manifolds on the return side of the belts for flushing out the pores and maintaining the drainage of the juice. No belt removal is required and production continues.